Saturday, July 9, 2011

Volunteer Testimony: Trammell Creek (July 2011)

When we first got to Africa, everybody was telling me how much of a "life changing experience" being here would be. I really honestly didn't believe them. I thought that we would share the story with a bunch of people & a couple here & there would get saved. Sure, it would be awesome, but I'd go home & still be the selfish, judgmental girl I've always been. But God had a totally different plan.

Being in the village the first day totally blew my mind. The way every child latched onto everyone in my group & walked around holding our hands the whole time not even worrying about the "evil hand!" It surprised me hearing that the people take the five minute walk to the market & it taking like an hour & a half because they stop & talk to EVERYBODY on the way. These people are one huge community, not judging who you are or the color of your skin. They love you almost no matter what.

It really gave me a wake up call about not everyone in the world is as blessed as America is. And especially that Jesus loves everyone the same no matter what ... and so should I! This trip has literally changed my life totally around. I'm not very shy anymore, I am closer with God & I love people more. I thank God for blessing me so that I had the opportunity to fall in love with these people and that they helped me change without even knowing it!

"Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them for the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 3:16

-- Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment