Monday, March 4, 2013

Volunteer Testimony: LHBC, February 2013


Many of them, including Ibrahim, are very poor.

However, I was so encouraged by the spirit of friendship and love that exists not only between the various believers we were able to meet that week, but also the love they immediately showed us. It really brought the term "brothers in Christ" to life more than I have ever felt, even though we couldn't speak the same language. As Bill said, they are literally a picture of what Heaven will be like; full of believers from all nations and tongues, all praising and forever giving glory to God and the one that died in our place.

Not only did that term come to life more, but I have told many people that I kept realizing how the Bible was becoming more "real" in many ways. From the sand roads and camels and donkeys, to the woman at the well and the parable of the sower. To imagine Acts where the Gospel spread like wild fire amongst persecution, and to know almost 2,000 years later we shared with people who never even heard of Jesus...and see some believe! They believed in the same Jesus that Paul and Peter spoke about, and the same Christ that still performs miracles today.

Oh, the faith they have! Christ said if we only have faith the size of a mustard seed we could literally move mountains. I have seen men who are closer to moving mountains with their faith than anyone I have ever known. They are so dependent upon God to show up in their lives both for physical and spiritual needs, and they so believe He will...and He does! Oh, how easy it is for us in the Land of Opportunity to only depend on ourselves; to not look for God to move and perform miracles in front of our very eyes. Oh, the conviction the Holy Spirit met me with when I felt the belief of these men. The belief in the same Christ, but many times not seen because of my little faith compared to theirs.

Many of us, including myself, are very poor.

- Kasey A

No comments:

Post a Comment