Monday, May 28, 2012

Volunteer Testimony: Campbellsville University (May 2012)


Coming to work with the Songhai people has truly been a life-changing experience. I have wanted to come to Africa & am so blessed to have had this opportunity. This trip was so far outside of my comfort zone on so many levels, but I loved every single minute of it.

It is one thing to know the Gospel & believe it. Actually putting the Gospel into action is a completely different thing. I have really felt the Lord moving & working in everything that has happened during our 2 weeks in Niger. I have grown up in church & have heard the Great Commission more times than I count. This trip completely encompassed everything Christ commands of us in the Great Commission. In our work with the Songhai people, our team experienced leading one man to Christ, baptizing two believers & discipling new believers.

Spending time with the Songhai people in the village of Boubon has truly opened my eyes to a completely different culture. While on this trip I really feel like God allowed me to see more & more of His heart than I have seen before. I was able to live life with these people that God created & dearly loves. The Lord opened my eyes to see the things that He cares about and the things that He calls us to care about. there are still so many people who need Jesus and don't even know who He is. I've never met anyone before this trip who didn't know anything about Jesus. God desires for no one to perish, but wants everyone to come to Him for eternal life.

I'm so grateful for this experience to spend time with the Songhai and share about Christ with them. They are such a gracious & hospitable people. The Lord has placed them on my heart and I will be continuing to pray for them after leaving Niger.

- Kaela Vessels, student at Campbellsville University

No comments:

Post a Comment