Sunday, March 28, 2010

The 4-1-1: Registration Forms

Embassy Registration and Security Issues
Volunteers from the US are required to pre-register with the American Embassy before arriving on the field on-line. If this is not possible, bring with you a completed copy of the embassy registration form and attach to it a copy of your passport. This is how the Embassy gets the count of how many places they need on an airplane if the necessity for evacuation arises; make SURE you are registered!

Current events have lead to increasing security issues within the Songhai homeland. After you have registered with the American Embassy, the consular office will inform you if there are current concerns. They advise: “For the latest security information, Americans living and traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet Web site, where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Alerts, and Travel Warnings can be found. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free within the U.S. and Canada or, for callers from other countries, by calling a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).”

IMB Registration
Volunteers are required to give emergency contact information.  The form is available on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment